Dr. Steve Jewell
I teach research methodology, the dissertation and internship to postgraduate students.
- Higher Education MA, Coventry University, 2010
- PhD, Physical Chemistry, University of Hull, 1977
- Chemistry BSc (1st class), University of Hull ,1970
My main research field is in management education – how do we best produce graduates having the right hard and soft skills?
Recent outputs and publications
- Hardie, M. and Jewell S.P. (2013) ‘Case study: Master’s Internship Module, Coventry Business School’
- Hardie, M., Holland J., and Jewell S.P. (2013) ‘Management; a blend of science and art’
- Jewell, S.P. (2012) ‘The impact of assessment and feedback processes on student engagement in a research methods module’. In Improving Student Engagement and Development through Assessment: Theory and practice in higher education. ed by Clouder, D.L., Broughan, C., Jewell, S., and Steventon, G.J. Oxford: Routledge, 114-125.
- Clouder, D.L., Broughan, C., Jewell, S., and Steventon, G.J. (eds) (2012) Improving Student Engagement and Development through Assessment: Theory and practice in higher education. Oxford: Routledge.
- Rothwell, A., Jewell, S., and Hardie, M. (2009) 'Self-perceived employability: Investigating the responses of post-graduate students'. Journal of Vocational Education and Training 75 (2), 152-161.