Senior Lecturer in Accounting
I have held various teaching roles at different Universities both in the UK and abroad before joining Coventry University in 2015. As a qualified chartered accountant, I have successfully prepared students for professional qualifications. I am passionate about understanding the dynamic relationships between key players in the energy markets and how such relationships could influence energy price formation and development of international accounting standards particularly for extractive industries.
My other academic duties include: module leadership for the School’s postgraduate and undergraduate dissertations/research methods (M99EFA/M25EFA/M21EFA & 385ACC) and financial statements analysis (M17EFA), timetabling assistance.
I have served as independent chair in different viva sessions. In addition to this experience, I supervise PhD students working in different areas of accounting (e.g. financial reporting; earnings management; value relevance; accounting education; International Financial Reporting Standards convergence and accounting earnings & accruals quality) as a Director of Studies, supervisor 1 or 2.
- PhD (Oil and Gas Accounting), Robert Gordon University.
- P.G. Cert. (Research Methods), Robert Gordon University.
- ACA (2007), ACCA (in view)
- P.G.C.H.E/FHEA (Sept 2015 – Sept 2016) Coventry University.
I have published in Petroleum Accounting and Financial Management journal and I am currently working towards publishing other research outputs in relevant academic journals. I am also in collaboration with academics within and outside Coventry University towards external funding.
Recent outputs and publications
Visit ORCID for updated research outputs.
- Advanced Study for Accounting and Finance (385ACC)
- Financial Reporting and Analysis - Seminars (280ACC)
- Advanced Management Accounting - Seminars (M09EFA)
- Financial Statement Analysis (M17EFA)
- Research Methods in Finance (M21EFA)
Areas of expertise
- Financial reporting
- Research methods
- Regulatory accounting and impact assessment
- Management accounting
- Corporate governance
- Energy accounting