Senior Lecturer in Marketing
School of Marketing and Management
Coventry Business School
Faculty of Business & Law
I am a senior lecturer in marketing and advertising. I have extensive commercial experience as a general manager in the UK cinema industry and was part of the marketing committee for the different regions that I operated in. I have been in the education sector for the last eleven years but keeps up to date with industry by acting as a consultant for a wide range of marketing issues as well as operations improvement. I was programme director at my previous employer managing the business management degrees and has worked with a number of partner universities including Leeds Met and the University of Hull. I have just taken on responsibility for the course directors position for marketing courses. My passion at work included all aspects of marketing communications, the student experience and I particularly enjoy business consultancy when possible especially if the client is problematic.
- MSc Productivity and Innovation Development: Sustaining World Class Systems. 2010 Leeds Met.
- PGCE 2006 Huddersfield University
- BA (hons) Business and Tourism Management: University of Hull 2005
Outputs and Publications
- Chaplin, L., Heap, J., and O’Rourke, S. (2016) ‘Could Lean Lite be the Cost Effective Solution to Applying Lean Manufacturing in a Developing Economy?’ International Journal Productivity and Performance Measurement 65 (1), 126 – 136. Available from http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-02-2015-0034
- Chaplin, L., and O’Rourke, S. (2014) ‘Lean Six Sigma and the Marketing function: Missed Corporate Social Responsibility Opportunities’. 5th International Lean Six Sigma Conference. Held 31 August 2014 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Chaplin, L., and O’Rourke, S. (2014) ‘Lean Six Sigma and Marketing: a Missed Opportunity’. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management 63 (5), 665-674. Available from http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-09-2013-0155
- M37MKT Marketing Communications
Areas of Expertise
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Planning
- Careers Development
- Marketing fundamentals