Senior Lecturer in Marketing
School of Marketing and Management
Faculty of Business and Law
Coventry Business School
Julia Tyrrell is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing at Coventry Business School. Prior to entering full-time academia, Julia spent over 10 years in various brand management and marketing management roles for major FMCG companies. She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, and the Academy of Marketing.
Her research expertise lies in the areas of marketing communications, marketing ethics and cross-cultural teaching methods.
She teaches Advertising, Marketing Communications and International Marketing at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- 1996, Certificate in Learning and Teaching, Coventry University
- 1994, M.B.A., Coventry University
- 1978, Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma, CIM, Maidenhead
Outputs and Publications
- Tyrell, J. (2014) ‘Introduction to Socio-Cultural Influences’. Marketing Cases from Emerging Markets. Ed. by Mutum, D., Roy, S., and Kipnis, E. Berlin: Springer, 9-11.
- Tyrell, J. (2014) ‘Case Study 1: Mongoose Lager Beer Eyes up India’. Marketing Cases from Emerging Markets. Ed. by Mutum, D., Roy, S., and Kipnis, E. Berlin: Springer, 13-16.
- Project Supervision on 300MKT
Areas of expertise
- Marketing communications
- International Marketing
- Public Relations