Associate Dean (Marketing and Recruitment)
Faculty of Business and Law
Building: William Morris Building
- 2009 (Ongoing) - PhD, Behavioural Tax
- 2012 - Advanced Course in International Taxation (Transfer Pricing Course)
- 2007 - Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- 2006 - Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning
- 1997 - Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, ACMA
- 1996 - BA (Hons) Business Administration
- June, 2011 to date - Head, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, Coventry Business School, Coventry University.
- 2009 - 2011- Associate Head of Department ( Teaching & Learning), Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting,Coventry Business School, Coventry University.
- 2006 - 2009 - Senior Lecturer in Accounting (Programme Manager), Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, Coventry Business School, Coventry University.
- 1990 - 2006 - Senior Tax Adviser, ConocoPhillips UK Ltd,ConocoPhillips House, Warwick.
- 2009 - present - Visiting LecturerSchool for Higher and Professional Education, Vocational Training Group, Hong Kong
- 2010 - present - Consultant, Warwick Manufacturing Group, University of Warwick.
- 2010 - Present - Visiting Lecturer, Paris – Dauphine University, Paris, France.
- Behavioural influences on tax evasion
- Transfer pricing policy from management accounting and taxation perspective.
- Divisional performance measurement looking closely at the use of ROI; RI and ROCE as tools for predicting divisional performance.
- Pricing strategies linked with behavioural influences
- The role of taxation in state building of developing countries; international taxation, specifically transfer pricing and tax evasion; pedagogy and taxation
Business School/University Responsibilities:
- 2011 to date: Member of the Faculty Senior Management Team
- 2011 to date: Member of the Business School Board of Directors
- 2009 - 2011: Member of the Faculty Teaching and Learning Committee
- 2009 - 2011: Member of the Faculty Non-Completion Committee
- 2006 - 2009: Programme Manager for Accounting and Finance Degrees
- 2011 – Present: University of Hertfordshire
- 2013 – Present: External Validation panel for Regents College, London
Publications and Applied Research:
Papers in Refereed Journals
- McAuliffe, E. (2012) “Educating Tax; Exploring the explosion of taxation teaching: a European comparison”, Journal of International Management Education, forthcoming.
- McAuliffe, E. (2013) Transfer Pricing: A Pharmaceutical Industry focus. Academy of Management Conference, Orlando, Florida, USA. August, 2013.
- Unlocking Management Accounting: Vickerstaff, B an Johal, P.(2010)
- Research Methods in Accounting: Smith, M (2012)
Module Leadership to Date:
- MSc Accounting & Financial Management – Advanced Management Accounting (P2 Equivalent)
- BA Accountancy Level 3 Decision Management
- BA Accountancy Level 3 Strategic Decision Making
- BA Accountancy Level 2 Performance Management
- BA Accountancy Level 2 Principles of Taxation
- BA Accountancy Level 3 International Taxation and Tax Planning
- BA Accounting and Finance Level 2 Research Methods
- BA Accounting and Finance Level 2 Accounting Information Systems
- MSc Finance – Corporate Finance