Dr. Timothy Rodgers
Principal Lecturer in Economics and Finance
Academic Course Director of MSc Investment Management
School of Economics, Finance and Accounting
Coventry Business School
Faculty of Business and Law
I am a Principal Lecturer in Economics and Finance and Academic Course Director of the MSc in Investment management in the School of Economics, Finance and Accounting at Coventry University.
I gained my undergraduate degree in Economics at the University of Stirling and an MSC in Information Technology from the University of York. My PHD is from Coventry University and is in the area of Education Economics.
I currently research and teach in the area of Finance and supervise a number of PhD students in this area.
- PhD, Coventry University, 2004.
- MSc Information Technology, University of York, 1984.
- BA Economics, University of Stirling, 1982.
My research is diverse and focuses on: International Financial Markets, Portfolio Management, Multivariate GARCH Modelling, Housing Markets, Value Added in Higher Education and Ethnicity and performance in Higher Education. I have a number of research outputs and publications in these areas.
Recent outputs and publications
- Andrikopoulos, P., Niklewski, J. and Rodgers, T. (2016) ‘The portfolio diversification benefits of frontier markets: an investigation into regional effects’. In Handbook of Frontier Markets. Ed. By Andrikopoulos, P., Gregoriou, G., and Kallinterakis, V. Elsevier [forthcoming].
- Tse, C.-B., Rodgers, T. and Niklewski, J. (2014) ‘The 2007 financial crisis and the UK residential housing market: Did the relationship between interest rates and house prices change?’. Economic Modelling 37, 518-530.
- Niklewski, J., and Rodgers, T. (2013) ‘International Portfolio Diversification and the 2007 Financial Crisis’. In Advances in Financial Risk Management: Corporates, Intermediaries and Portfolios. Ed. By Batten, J.A., MacKay, P. and Wagner, N.F. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 225-252.
- Rodgers, T. (2013) ‘Should high non-completion rates amongst ethnic minority students be seen as an ethnicity issue? Evidence from a case study of a student cohort from a British University’. Higher Education 66 (5), 535-550.
- Tse, C.-B., and Rodgers, T. (2011) ‘Can corporate tax shields explain the long-term borrowing behaviour of Chinese listed firms?’. International Review of Financial Analysis, 20 (2), 103-112.
- Equality Investment Analysis (postgraduate)
- Investment Analysis (undergraduate)
- PhD supervision
Areas of expertise