Dr. Martin Selby
Associate Head of School, Internationalisation
School of Marketing and Management
Coventry Business School
Faculty of Business & Law
I am Associate Head of School (International), responsible for the School of Marketing and Management's delivery overseas/TNE, international experiences/mobility, and international student recruitment. The School has considerable student mobility, and large number of international students. I also have general line management duties.
I teach in in the area of research methods, and event management, and I supervise PhD students and PG dissertations. My research area is place marketing, urban tourism, experiences of tourism, and experiences of international students and international mobility. I'm a Fellow of the HEA and the Royal Geographical Society.
- PhD Urban Tourism / Place Marketing, Cardiff Metropolitan University,
- MSc. Tourism Management, University of Surrey,
- BA (Hons) Economic and Social History and Geography (Upper Second Class), University of Leeds,
Outputs and Publications
- Selby, M., and Jancsik, A. (2014) ‘Degrees of Co-production: understanding the experiences of international students’. Royal Geographical Society Annual International Conference. Held 26-29 August in London, UK.
- Contemporary Issues in Event Management
- Advanced Study Project
- Undertaking Global Business in SMM
Areas of expertise
- Research Methods
- Event Management
- Tourism Management
- Place Marketing