1 day course
Coventry University (Coventry)
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
Get in touch
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing commercial team
+44 (0) 24 7765 9592
+44 (0) 24 7765 9592
A one day course focused on the interpretation and application of Manufacturing Engineering technical product specification, this covers both dimensional and geometrical tolerances (GD&T).
It will be held at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time on engagement with the teaching team. The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions.
A one day course focused on the interpretation and application of Manufacturing Engineering technical product specification, this covers both dimensional and geometrical tolerances (GD&T) and their application.
The course is designed to introduce the candidate to tolerances and good practice, covering drawing layout, basic tolerancing, the full suite of GD&T symbols, datum requirements and mainstream modifiers.
On completion, the candidate will be able to interpret and apply geometrical dimensional tolerances to a component drawing or CAD model.
Learning outcomes include
- Knowledge of how tolerances are specified and good practice interpretation of both general and geometrical tolerances to national and international standards
- Understanding technical product specification, including layout and the full suite of GD&T symbols and common modifiers
- Application of datum requirements including the constraint and understanding of the six degrees of freedom.
- Lectures - Presentations with group interaction and activities.
- Activity sessions - Hands-on user experience of a variety of measuring equipment and metrology tools.
- Discussions - Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Measurement Technicians
- Production / Manufacturing / Quality / Design Engineers
- Coordinate Measuring System programmers
Upon completion, candidates will receive a Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group.
Costs and contacts
The course cost is £235 per candidates and places are limited. Please kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and further information.