1 day course
Coventry University (Coventry)
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
Get in touch
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing commercial team
+44 (0) 24 7765 9592
+44 (0) 24 7765 9592
A one day course, focusing on the core and fundamental principles of measurement. Instruction in the use of basic measuring equipment and first principle techniques. Introduction to good-practice and hands-on experience of first principle (non-CNC) measuring tools. It is to be held at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time on engagement with the teaching team. The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions.
A one day course focused on the core and fundamental principles of measurement utilising, basic measuring equipment and first principle techniques. This will include the use of various measurement handtools that are used as examples of good practice and equipment selection.
Introduction to the core measurement principles that underpin first principle measurement.
- Standards and traceability
- Measurement variation
- Instrument selection and measurement techniques.
- Introduction to common measurement and metrology principles.
- Understanding of good-practice, in respect of equipment selection and fundamental measurement strategies and techniques
- Appreciation of common causes of measurement variation and their impact on measurement results
- Utilisation of first principle measurement equipment.
- Lectures - Presentations with group interaction and activities.
- Activity sessions - Hands-on user experience of a variety of measuring equipment and metrology tools.
- Discussions - Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for and directed at, roles relating to quality / production / manufacturing engineering and those responsible for facilitating and managing measurement processes. It also meets the needs of metrology equipment technical sales / applications and measurement contract services providers.
Upon completion, candidates will receive a : Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) : completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group.
Costs and contacts
The course cost is £235 per candidates and places are limited. Please kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and further information.