First Principles of MeasurementStudy level: CPD/Short courses
A one-day course focusing on the core and fundamental principles of measurement.
Coventry University (Coventry)
This course focuses on the core and fundamental principles of measurement, utilising basic measuring equipment and first principle techniques. This will include the use of various measurement handtools that are used as examples of good practice and equipment selection.
We include instruction in the use of basic measuring equipment and first principle techniques, and an introduction to good-practice and hands-on experience of first principle (non-CNC) measuring tools. The course is held at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time on engagement with the teaching team. The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions.
Introduction to the core measurement principles that underpin first principle measurement.
- Standards and traceability
- Measurement variation
- Instrument selection and measurement techniques.
How you'll learn
- Lectures - Presentations with group interaction and activities.
- Activity sessions - Hands-on user experience of a variety of measuring equipment and metrology tools.
- Discussions - Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Learning outcomes include
- Introduction to common measurement and metrology principles.
- Understanding of good-practice, in respect of equipment selection and fundamental measurement strategies and techniques.
- Appreciation of common causes of measurement variation and their impact on measurement results.
- Utilisation of first principle measurement equipment.
Upon completion, candidates will receive a Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for and directed at, roles relating to quality/production/manufacturing engineering and those responsible for facilitating and managing measurement processes. It also meets the needs of metrology equipment technical sales/applications and measurement contract services providers.
How to apply
The course cost is £495 (excluding VAT) per candidate and places are limited. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and further information.
Corporate discounts may be available depending on the number of course attendees. Please contact IChambers@cueltd.co.uk for further information.