Coventry University English Language Tests
To support you in your journey to joining us at Coventry University, we are pleased to offer English Language Tests for applicants to Coventry University degree programmes.
You can book to take a Coventry University English Language test if you:
- Hold a conditional offer for study at Coventry University, Coventry University London, CU Coventry or CU Scarborough from the International Office
- Have NOT taken the Coventry University English Language test in the last 2 months for the same academic intake
- Have NOT undertaken a pre-sessional English course at Coventry University in the last 2 months.
- To hold a valid IELTS certificate with a minimum of component of 5.0 for entry onto an undergraduate course or a minimum component of 5.5 for entry onto a postgraduate course. An IELTS certificate is valid for 2 years from the test date. If no IELTS certificate can be provided please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the test
Similar to IELTS, the test assesses all 4 components: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. It will take up to 4 hours to complete:
- Listening (30 mins) - you will be given three recordings to listen to. You must then answer questions related to these recordings.
- Reading (60 mins) - you will be given three pieces of text to read. You must then answer questions relating to each text.
- Writing (60 mins) - you will be given two essay titles for which you will need to write an essay on the subject area.
- Speaking (up to 30 mins) - you will have a short interview with the examiner where you will be asked questions on a variety of subjects.
To help you prepare and practice for your English test, we have provided samples of reading and writing questions and reading texts. These samples are designed to be similar in difficulty to the CUET, however the questions in the actual test will be different. The samples do not include speaking or listening, but do include the reading and writing elements.
Face to Face CUET sample tests:
You will need the following documents for the test:
- Proof of your identity (passport) at registration. You must bring the same identity document on the test day as the one recorded on your booking form. If you do not do this you will not be allowed to take the test and you will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
- A photocopy of your ID (passport or national identity card).
- Your original, valid IELTS certificate.
- A copy of your IELTS certificate
- Your conditional offer letter from Coventry University.
You will be contacted with the results of your test within 2 weeks. We will tell you if you have met the entry criteria or not. We will not provide a breakdown of your results. Results are not transferable to any other Institution; they are only valid for study at Coventry University, Coventry University London, CU Coventry and CU Scarborough.
English Language test dates- UK (To be confirmed)
English Language test dates - South East Asia
The current English test dates in 2020 in Malaysia are listed. Please note, dates and locations may be subject to change.
|Thursday 02 July||10 am||HELP University, ELM Business School
SPC, Level 5, No. 15, Jalan Sri Semantan 1, Off Jalan Semantan, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
English Language test dates - East Asia
The current English test dates in 2020 in China are:
|12-13 August 2020||Beijing||Coventry Beijing Office Room 1807, Block C, Wantong Center, No.6, Chaoyangmenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing
考文垂北京办公室 北京市朝阳区朝阳门外大街甲 6 号万通中心 C 座 1807 室
|23 August 2020||Shanghai||Floor B1 Zhenzhu Hall, 500 Jing'An Rd, InterContinental Shanghai Jing'An
上海静安洲际酒店 B1层 珍珠厅2 上海市静安区恒丰路500号
|26-27 August 2020||Beijing||Coventry Beijing Office Room 1807, Block C, Wantong Center, No.6, Chaoyangmenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing
考文垂北京办公室 北京市朝阳区朝阳门外大街甲 6 号万通中心 C 座 1807 室
|31 August 2020||Guangzhou||3F Meeting Room, 172 Linhe Middle Rd, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province
广州建国酒店 3F 会议室 广州市天河区林和中路172号
If you wish to discuss test availability or to find out more information, please contact us.
Call +44 (0)24 7765 2152 or e-mail email@example.com.