CU Scarborough delivers new Digital Advantage Proj...

Campus Map

Working with Coventry University

CU Scarborough is a diverse and exciting place to work and we share the enthusiasm of our staff and students to be the best at whatever they choose to do. We offer some impressive benefits for our staff and are committed to delivering the very best opportunities. We also have a comprehensive training, personal and professional development programme that provides our employees with the skills to enhance their performance in the workplace and grow in their careers. For both students and staff alike, now is an exciting time to join CU Scarborough.

Search for current job vacancies.

Recruitment Information


Staff portal

Access the central point of information for all staff across the University.


Staff/Student Portal

Log into Moodle to get CU Scarborough staff/student information.


CU Scarborough delivers new Digital Advantage Project, helping North Yorkshire Businesses apply for a grant of up to £5,000.

row news banner

Date: 24/08/2017
News Category:

North Yorkshire businesses looking to enhance their use of digital technology can now apply for a grant of up to £5,000.

The Digital Advantage Project is inviting SMEs to apply for grants between £1,000 and £5,000 to fund external expertise to help address their digital issues.

The project is being delivered by CU Scarborough, part of the Coventry University Group, and aims to encourage business growth through the enhanced use of technology.

As well as digital technology workshops, which will be held across North Yorkshire later this year, grants are now available to fund specialist consultants to address issues specific to individual businesses.

All North Yorkshire SMEs, other than retail businesses, which are based outside of York are eligible to apply.

The £1.6 million Digital Advantage Project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), with Coventry University providing match-funding.

It builds on the NYnet programme of superfast broadband infrastructure improvements and the Superfast North Yorkshire project, which provided help and advice for businesses to improve their online performance, which both received ERDF funding.

Karen Leah, Digital Advantage Project Manager, is encouraging eligible businesses to apply.

She said:

The Digital Advantage Project has been devised to help businesses make the most of new technologies and we are looking to hear from businesses right across North Yorkshire.


Small and medium sized businesses can now apply for a minimum grant of £1,000 and a maximum of £5,000 to fund consultancy support. The grant will provide 40 per cent of the overall project costs, with the remaining 60 per cent contributed by the business.


The project may lead, for example, to better websites with increased functions or speed up internal processes to enable flexible ways of working and ultimately transform how the business operates.


This is a fantastic opportunity for businesses that want to continue to grow and compete effectively by taking full advantage of the new digital technologies available.

For more information about future workshops, grant eligibility and how the process works, email

Related news