Our purpose-built campus is set close to the town centre within easy walking or cycling distance from most residential areas, and is served by excellent local bus routes. We are keen to encourage staff and students to use sustainable transport wherever possible and have provided this information on walking and cycling routes, town maps and the bus system to help you do this.
Students at CU Scarborough can enjoy the benefits of these sustainable travel options:
The location of CU Scarborough makes it accessible from both the town centre and train station.
|From Scarborough train station||York Place||South Bay|
|13 minutes||15 minutes||21 minutes|
Cycling is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine, but it is also a form of transport. It can save you money, keep you fit and help the environment.
- There are many cycle hoops located at the front entrance to CUS with room for 126 bikes.
- Looking to buy a bike or any accessories such as D locks? Visit Bike It Cycle Warehouse, Richardson’s Cycles, Scarborough Cycle Centre or Halfords in Scarborough town centre.
- Register your bike on Immobilise so it can be tracked if stolen.
- East Yorkshire buses offer affordable weekly tickets available to buy on the bus or weekly, monthly or annual tickets on their app.
- If you make the same journey by train more than three or four times a week you may find that, on the majority of routes, season tickets offer better value for money compared to buying daily tickets.
- The 16-25 Railcard gives you 1/3 off most rail fares throughout Great Britain, including all Standard and First Class Advance fares. To be eligible for a 16-25 Railcard you must be 16-25, or a mature student – 26 years or older and in full-time study respectively
- Scarborough also offers a seasonal Park and Ride service.
- CU Scarborough Car Share - share a lift with someone you know to make new friends, cut costs and reduce pollution at the same time!
- Park and Ride - there are two Park and Ride schemes which are available most days in the year, offering a convenient way of travelling to CU Scarborough. They allow drivers to park their vehicle and finish their journey by bus.
Green travel information
Interactive travel map
Use the below map to view our campus location and surrounding areas. This map also includes the location of the train station, local park and ride facilities and bicycle maintenance shops.