Dr Manpreet K Dhillon
Lecturer in Business and Management
Dr Manpreet K Dhillon is a lecturer in Business and Management at Coventry University London. Manprett previously worked for University of Bedfordshire as an associate lecturer and has taught many Business and Management modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Manpreet has vast experience of working in the banking sector before joining academia, where she mainly functioned in manager’s role. Manpreet’s research interests are in the area of business and management, specifically in topics related to operations and supply chain management and entrepreneurship.
Being a researcher, Manpreet has presented intellectual papers at various conferences such as European conference on research methods (ECRM), The Annual Logistics Research Network (LRN) Conference and International Conference on Social Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainable Business (ICSR), where she received a great round of appreciation. Manpreet has also published a book chapter in the book titled Sustainable Supply Chains: Strategies, issues and models. Manpreet is eager to make remarkable advancements in the field of both academia and research at Coventry University London.
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, University of Bedfordshire, UK – 2015 – 2019.
- MSc in Computing, Glyndwr University, UK – 2013 – 2015.
- MBA in International Business, London School of Commerce, UK – 2010 – 2011.
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Student membership in Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in the UK
Research and Consultancy
- Green Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Systematic review research
- Circular Economy
- Small and Medium Entrepreneurs
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- Dhillon, M.K. and Bentley, Y. (2020), Factors Motivating Indian manufacturing SME employers’ to adopt GSCM practices, Sustainable Supply Chain Strategies, Issues and Models, Springer
- Dhillon, M.K., Bentley, Y. and Amar, H. (2020), Interpretive view of Indian manufacturing SME employers for not adopting Green Supply Chain Management practices in their firms, The e-LRN 2020 Special Web Conference, September 2020, Online
- Amar, H., Rafi-ul-Shan, P.M., Tehrani, J., Dhillon, M.K. (2020), An Interpretivist View of the Philosophical and Methodological Implications of the Grounded Theory Methodology in Business and Management Studies, British Academy of Management (BAM2020) Conference in the Cloud, September 2020, Online.
- Dhillon, M.K., Bentley, Y. and Bukoye, Y.O. (2018) Green Supply Chain Management in India – An Overview, Trends and Future Mapping, University of Bedfordshire PGR Winter Conference 2018, January 2018, University of Bedfordshire, Luton. (Outstanding Paper and presentation award)
- Dhillon, M.K., Bentley, Y. and Bukoye, Y.O. (2017) The Impact of employers on adopting green supply chain practices in Indian Machinery Manufacturing SMEs, University of Bedfordshire PGR Winter Conference 2017, January 2017, University of Bedfordshire, Luton
- Dhillon, M.K., Bentley, Y. and Bukoye, Y.O. (2017) Green supply chain management in India – A systematic literature review, 6th International Conference on Social Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainable Business, September 2017, HTW University, Berlin, Germany
- Dhillon, M.K., Bentley, Y. and Bukoye, Y.O. (2016) Investigating employee attitudes towards adopting green supply chain practices in Indian SMEs – Using qualitative methods: Literature review and Research methodology, 15th European Conference on Research Methodology (ECRM), Kingston college, London. (Best PhD paper and presentation award)
- Dhillon, M.K., Bentley, Y. and Bukoye, Y.O. (2016) The impact of Indian SME Manager/Owners on adopting green supply chain practices, The 21st LRN Annual Conference and PhD Workshop, September 2016, The University of Hull, United Kingdom
- Business & Management Research Methods
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- International Trade
- New Venture Creation – Entrepreneurship
- International Strategic Management