A chartered member of the CIPD Roopa has over 15 years of experience in education, training and consultancy in India, Singapore and the UK. As HR Consultant with the Management Development Institute of Singapore her work involved designing and delivering training to managers in the healthcare, hospitality, retail, education and the finance sectors to prepare them for the ‘People Developer’ award and ‘Singapore Quality Class’ award, benchmarked to ‘The Investors in People’ award in the UK.
Roopa brings her commercial experience to leading modules in HRM, Employee Engagement and Developing people and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate dissertation projects.
She completed her MBA in Human Resource Management with a first class from Mumbai University in 1997 and her Postgraduate Certificate in Education from the University of Westminster, UK in 2008.
Roopa is a regular participant in HR seminars and networking events and presents papers in international education conferences. Her research interests include cross-cultural learning and development practices and employee engagement.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education Westminster University, UK 2008
- Post Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design, Nanyang Technological Institute, Singapore 2004
- Masters in Management Studies, Mumbai University, India 1997
- Bachelors in Science, Bombay University, India 1994
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Associate Member: Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, London.
- Associate Member: Chartered Management Institute, London
- Committee Member of the Engage for Success Cross Cultural Research Group
- External Examiner involved in the validations of Graduate and Postgraduate programmes at Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College and at London School of Accountancy and Management.
- External Examiner with Anglia Ruskin University
Research and Consultancy
Roopa’s research interests include cross-cultural learning and development practices and employee engagement. She is an active member of the ‘Engage for Success Cross-Cultural Research Group’ which is a Special Interest Group at the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills dedicated to research in Employee Engagement in the UK in other International locations.
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- Presenter at the 20th International EDiNEB Conference, June 2013: Future skills for Competitive Business Education, The Open University Business school, Milton Keynes UK (Presented the paper as below)
- Nagori , R. (2013), ‘Evaluation of a new learning strategy through peer coaching and reflection’, Future Skills for Competitive Business Education, Proceedings from the Conference, The Open University, Milton Keynes.
- Presenter at the 2nd International IAFOR Conference, ‘Key Principles of Peer Reviews: A Feedback Strategy to Engage the Postgraduate International Learner’, July 2013: International Conference on Education, IAFOR, Brighton UK (Presented the paper as below)
- Nagori, R. (2013), ‘Key Principles of Peer Reviews: A Feedback Strategy to Engage the Postgraduate International Learner’ -Proceedings from the Conference, ICE 2013, IAFOR, Brighton, UK
- Nagori R.( 2019 ), 'What drives employee engagement in different global contexts'? Interrnational Journal of Management and Social Science Research Review, Vol-6, Issue-2, pages 26-29
- International HRM
- Professional And Academic Skills
- Advanced Career Development
- Employee Engagement
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Global HR Strategies
- Developing Employees
- Employability and Consulting Skills