Dr Khaled Abu Awwad
Senior Lecturer and Course Director of MSc International Project Management
Dr Khaled is a Senior Lecturer in Business and Management in the School of Management at Coventry University London and a Course Director for the MSc International Project Management (IPM).
Khaled received his PhD from Coventry University in 2020; his thesis examined the implementation of new technologies in SMEs in the UK construction industry. The findings of his PhD research have been published in the International Journal of Construction Management.
Dr Khaled is an expert in Project Management as he brings his corporate expertise and research-informed teaching into the classroom. Also, his approach is student-driven, where he places the focus of teaching on students who are the heart of Coventry University London Campus.
Dr Khaled has successfully adopted and implemented simulations in his teaching practices, which gives students a better understanding of how projects are executed in real life. Also, he specialises in collaborative projects in HE. Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) is a virtual student exchange between ENT and our partner universities. Students from different countries can collaborate on a meaningful project relevant to their studies using digital technology.
- Senior Fellowship 2023
- PhD, Project Management and Engineering
- MSc, Construction Management
- BSc, Civil and Structural Engineering
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
- Association of Project Management, APM
Research and Consultancy
Khaled’s current research interests are in the field of project management, technologies implementation and simulation.
1. Exploring the Critical Success Factors Influencing BIM Level 2 Implementation in the UK Construction Industry: The Case of SMEs. International Journal of Construction Management · Mar 31, 2020
2. Adopting Building Information Modelling in Small and Medium Enterprises in Iraq’s Construction Industry International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management · Mar 1, 2020
Publications and Scholarships Activities
- Awwad, K. A., Shibani, A., & Ghostin, M. (2020). Exploring the critical success factors influencing BIM level 2 implementation in the UK construction industry: the case of SMEs. International Journal of Construction Management, 1-8.