Dr Khaled Abu Awwad
Senior Lecturer and Course Director of MSc International Project Management
Khaled is a senior Lecturer in Business and Management in the Department of Management and Human Resources at Coventry University London. Khaled is also the Course Director for the MSc International Project Management (IPM). He has taught various modules in Project Management at Coventry University main campus prior to joining the London campus in 2020.
His main duties involve teaching and creating new content to improve students experience and engagement. In addition, he is responsible of the management of the MSc IPM course, where he ensures that quality is met across all modules and makes sure that students have a smooth and enjoyable learning experience during their time at Coventry University London.
Khaled received his PhD from Coventry University in 2020, his thesis examined the implementation of new technologies in SMEs in the UK construction industry. The findings of his PhD research have been published in the International Journal of Construction Management.
- PgCert Fellowship 2021
- PhD, Project Management and Engineering - Coventry University - 2020
- MSc, Construction Management - Coventry University - 2016
- BSc, Civil and Structural Engineering - Egypt - 2013
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
- Association of Project Management, APM
Research and Consultancy
Khaled’s current research interests are in the field of project management, technologies implementation and simulation.
1. Exploring the Critical Success Factors Influencing BIM Level 2 Implementation in the UK Construction Industry: The Case of SMEs. Exploring the Critical Success Factors Influencing BIM Level 2 Implementation in the UK Construction Industry: The Case of SMEs. International Journal of Construction Management · Mar 31, 2020
2. Adopting Building Information Modelling in Small and Medium Enterprises in Iraq’s Construction Industry Adopting Building Information Modelling in Small and Medium Enterprises in Iraq’s Construction Industry
International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management · Mar 1, 2020
Publications and Scholarships Activities
- Awwad, K. A., Shibani, A., & Ghostin, M. (2020). Exploring the critical success factors influencing BIM level 2 implementation in the UK construction industry: the case of SMEs. International Journal of Construction Management, 1-8.