A senior Lecturer with over 12 years’ teaching, student welfare and registry experience in the HE sector, Sumara brings her breadth of professional and pedagogy experience into her role as Programme Leader for the BA (Hons) Global Business Management.
Before joining Coventry University London campus, Sumara worked at a range of HE institutions, leading programmes with a keen focus on personal development and personalised learning and managing multi-campus operations ensuring cross-department parity. As Accreditation manager for Excel Global Training, Sumara managed the accreditation process for the company and designed and delivered classroom teaching, residential, open and distance learning courses interfacing with external stakeholders to ensure appropriate product design and delivery.
Sumara is a regular judge for the European Business award judge, an annual pan-European business awards competition focusing on innovation and ethics in the European Business Community.
- PgCAPHE, Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practices in HE, Kings College, London University (2012)
- MBA General Management, University of Hull (2006)
- BSc Business Management and Information Technology, University of Hull (2002)
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Employability and Enterprise Skills
- Research Methods
- Dissertation Supervision
- Internship Supervision