Dr Joanna Voulgaropoulou
Principal Lecturer in Management and Human Resources
Joanna leads the Strategy and Project Management subject team within the Department of Management and Human Resources at Coventry University London.
Joanna holds a PhD in Organisational Leadership from University of Glasgow. She studied her first degree (B.Sc.) in Organisational Leadership in New York University, and in 2003 she earned the Leadership Initiative Fellowship Scholarship, as an outstanding student from EU to study at Harvard’s University’s Kennedy School of Government.
After completing her first M.A. in Hospitality Administration from Liverpool Hope University (2005) she continued with a second M.B.A in International Finance from London Metropolitan University (2007).
Joanna joined Coventry University London in 2018 as a Senior Lecturer; before this she worked in University of Bath Spa, University of Bedfordshire, University of West London and Kingston University.
She developed various courses and participated in cross departmental projects to improve student learning experience and quality assurance. She has rich experience of academic and portfolio management, curriculum development and TNE coordination.
Joanna is also acting as external examiner in business at the Universities of Anglia Ruskin, Ulster and LSE, and as a course reviewer for the University of Warwick.
She has participated in a number of academic conferences, workshops and other events as presenter, discussant or panel member. Joanna’s current research interests are in the field of knowledge for learning and teaching next generations, educational management, organisational leadership, and creative curriculum design.
- 2019, CMgr MCMI
- 2018, Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- 2016, PhD in Organizational Leadership, University of Glasgow
- 2007, M.B.A in International Finance, London Metropolitan University
- 2005, M.A. in Hospitality Administration, Liverpool Hope University
- 2004, BSc in Organisational Leadership, New York University
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Member of CMI
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- Voulgaropoulou, J. (2018) Motivation in Greek students, Journal of Learning and Development in Higher Education, No. 10, 2018.
- Tony, B. and Voulgaropoulou, J. (2016) “School leadership modes: What do we know? School Leadership Management”, The AIUB Journal of Business and Economics, Vol.2, No.4, pp.34(5), 27-32
- Voulgaropoulou, J (2016) Ethics in Educational Leadership Programs: An Expanding Role. Annual Research Conference 16-18 May, Bedfordshire, UK
- Bosset, S., Voulgaropoulou, J., Lee, G.V. (2017) The instructional management role of the principal. Educational Administration Quarterly, 18(3), 42-57
- Voulgaropoulou, J., Davies, B., & Ellison, L. (2017). University leadership for the 21st century: A competency and knowledge approach. London: Routledge
- Maslowski, J., Voulgaropoulou J. (2017) School culture and school performance. An explorative study into the organizational culture of secondary schools and their effects. Enschede, the Netherlands: Twente University Press