Senior Lecturer/ Interim Course Director/ Link Tutor
Senior Lecturer in Hospitality and Tourism Management / Interim Course Director for MSc International Hospitality & Tourism Management / Link Tutor – PSB Academy Singapore.
Sarkis has more than 20 years of experience in Hospitality Management with a focus on food and beverage. He worked in small and medium five-star hotels and restaurants and consulted for several start-ups.
Sarkis is also a trained chef/baker and held the position of Executive Chef for many years. He taught for more than nine years in the UK, and abroad at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and supervised student projects and dissertations.
Sarkis’s research interest is in food sustainability, and he is currently finalising his PhD Dissertation with the title: Sustainability Assessment of Bread Production: The Case of German Bakeries as a Leading Model.
He holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching and Learning (PGCert), a Quality Assurance Certificate in the Internal Verification Processes (IV) and Fellowship in the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). Sarkis is also volunteering as a board member for a UK-based charity.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Anglia Ruskin University, 2020
- Master in Tourism Management, University of Perpignan Via Domitia, 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management, Lebanese University, 2007
- Bachelor of Business Administration in HR Management, Lebanese Canadian University, 2004
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Board Member (Trustee) of the Welfare Association UK
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- Nehme, Sarkis. (2019). Governmentally Controlled Supply Chains in Areas Facing Food Security Challenges: The Case of Baladi Bread Supply Chain in Egypt and the Policy Transition After the 2011 Uprising, pp. 179-192. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-14877-9_10.
- Marketing and Customer Experience Management, level 7
- Strategy and International Business, level 7
- Internship for Hospitality and Tourism Management, level 7
- Food and Beverage Management, level 6