Rami, a Senior lecturer in Hospitality and Tourism at Coventry University London, has extensive experience in teaching, research and administration in tourism, hospitality and marketing.
His PhD in Tourism and Hospitality Management received an award from Manchester Metropolitan University (2008). Rami also holds an MA in Tourism and Hospitality Management from Bournemouth University (2001).
Rami held a wide range of positions within the hospitality industry, including five-star hotels and restaurants. Furthermore, as an academic and manager, he was responsible for supervising department and faculty-level collaboration with international universities as part of the Erasmus+ exchange. Rami also served as a committee member responsible for marketing and recruiting of students from different regions.
He also has experience in course management and in quality assurance and accreditation at faculty and department levels, including pursuing the AACSB, and TEDQUAL accreditations.
- PhD, Tourism and Hospitality Management - Manchester Metropolitan University 2008
- MA, Tourism and Hospitality Management - Bournemouth University 2001
- BA, Hotel Management - ASU, Jordan - 1999
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy FHEA
- Ofqual External Expert Reviewer
- International Moderator RenaSup – France
- Manuscript Reviewer – International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Emerald Journals
- Member of the International Tourism Research Information Network (TRINET) – Hawaii University, US
- Member of Forum UNESCO- University and Heritage International Network (FUUH) – Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
Research and Consultancy
- Tourism Marketing
- Tourist Behaviour
- Tourist Choice and Destination Choice Process
- Health and Spa Tourism
- Restaurant Management
- Travel Intermediaries
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- Tawil, R. and Hammieri, M. (2016). Investigating the Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Employees' Productivity: An Exploratory Study in Amman's Five-Star Hotels, European Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp.143-148.
- Tawil, R. and Tamimi, A. (2013). Understanding Chinese Tourists' Travel Motivations: Investigating the Perceptions of Jordan Held by Chinese Tourists, International Journal of Business and Social Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 17, pp. 164-171. Special Issue.
- Tawil, R. (2011). Classifying the Hotel Spa Tourist: A Multidimensional Qualitative Approach, International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 20, pp. 155-169.
- Trainer/Instructor – Facilitation of Workshops relating Team Building and Leadership skills, USAID, for Petra Development & Tourism Region Authority (PDTRA), 2012.
- Introduction to Hospitality Operations (Level 4)
- Services Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism (level 4)
- Professional and Academic Skills (Level 4)
- Business Management and Decision Making Process (Level 5)
- International Business Strategy (Level 6)
- Dissertation and Internship Projects Supervision (Level 6)
- Research Methods for the Creative and Service Industries (Level 7)
- Marketing and Customer Experience Management (Level 7)
- Marketing in a Global Age (Level 7)
- Postgraduate Professional Practice (Level 7)
- Dissertation and Internship Projects Supervision (Level 7)