Shazia is a full time permanent lecturer and module leader in marketing with a particular focus on digital marketing and deputy course director for a fashion course. Shazia is also a successful fashion designer with practical knowledge and experience of operating a design-led womenswear and accessories business with a manufacturing base in the UK and abroad. Shazia is an expert in luxury hand woven textiles and ethical, sustainable practices including regular contributor to BBC Radio. She has represented the UK on international sustainable design projects.
- MSc Marketing University of Strathclyde 2000
- BAcc (Hons) 2.1 University of Paisley 1999
- Diploma Fashion Polimoda, Florence 2006
Professional and Industry Membership
- Working towards Advance HE Fellowship and the PgCAPHE qualification.
Research and Consultancy
- Invited to COP26 in Glasgow to be a panellist on discussions related to sustainable fashion and international supply chains.
- Consultant and UAL associate lecturer for Tate Britain and UAL’s ‘IDent’ project exploring fashion and identity in relation to Turner Prize winner Chris Ofilli’s retrospective exhibition at Tate.
- Associate lecturer for Central Saint Martins and consultant on the National Maritime Museum’s development of a project for their new ‘Traders Gallery’ exploring the history of Indian textiles and trade. Film made of work in Delhi and garments are displayed in the Museum.