James’s career began in the hotel and catering industry, where he held successive management positions since graduating from his undergraduate degree. James focused on developing both the business profitability and the professional development of his team, successfully raising the standards and profiles of several hotels. He has also worked in Austria for Tui Travel Plc managing a large portfolio of properties. In the UK event catering industry James worked independently for high profile sporting venues, responsible for the training and operations of large teams.
On gaining an MBA with distinction in International Human Resources Management at Coventry University London in 2014, James was subsequently joined as a Teaching Fellow, a position which draws on his commercial experience and plays to his passion for developing others. James is now the Deputy Course Director for the MBA in Global Business.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education, Coventry University, 2017
- MBA International Human Resources Management with distinction, Coventry University London Campus, 2014
- BSc (Hons) Hotel and Catering Management, University of Surrey, 2003
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Associate Member of the Chartered Management Institute
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
Research and Consultancy
James is currently researching the application of innovative ecological practices within organisations within the service industry and is writing a chapter of a book with a focus on entrepreneurship, innovation and ecology. His research interests include entrepreneurship and innovation with a focus on the hospitality sector.
- Working in Global Diverse Teams
- Leading in a Changing World