Prior to moving into the HE sector, Silvie had a professional career in International trade and manufacturing industries as a sales manager in East Asia. For 5 years she worked in commercial banking as a banking loan officer in London, where she oversaw due diligence, syndication, and money market issues as well as letter of credit settlements.
Silvie has worked as an external consultant for an overseas cosmetic firm, advising on expansion and financial management strategies.
With a BSc (hons) in management and a MSc in International Business, Silvie has been working in the education sector for 10 years and has experiences in dealing with distant learning programmes as well as taught courses.
- MSc International Business, Birkbeck College University of London UK, 2003
- PgCert Higher Education Professional Practice, University of Hertfordshire UK, 2015
- BSc Hons Management, Royal Holloway, University of London UK, 2001
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
- Internal Moderator for INTI Dual Awards for various Finance and Accounting modules (2013-2016)
Research and Consultancy
Silvie has worked as an external consultant for an overseas cosmetic firm, advising on expansion and financial management strategies. Currently she is exploring her research interests in alternative business models via social capital and enterprise management.
- Global Financial Market
- International Finance
- Performance Management
- Financial Management
- Introduction to Financial Modelling