Dr. Alban Asllani
Senior Lecturer in Economics and Finance
Department: Accounting, Finance and Economics
Dr Alban Asllani is a Senior Lecturer in Economics and Finance at Coventry University London. He has the role of course director for MSc Global Finance and MSc Global Finance with Extended Professional Practice. Alban is also the module leader in various Economics modules at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Alban has over 6 years of teaching experience in Economics related courses at university undergraduate or postgraduate level in UK and abroad at the capacity of lecturer or module leader. Alban has taught a wide range of economics modules including: Introduction to Economics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Trading Economics, Economic Policy, Intermediate Micro and Macro, Business Economics, International Financial Markets, and Globalisation.
Alban’s experience goes beyond teaching. He has over 6 years of experience working in the financial sector in the UK and around 3 years of experience working as economist in the office of Chief Economist at UK’s energy regulator Ofgem.
- PhD in Economics, University of Bedfordshire (2019)
- MSc in Investment and Finance, Queen Mary, University of London (2007)
- BSc in Finance, Money and Banking, University of East London (2006)
Research and Consultancy
Alban’s research interests are in the following areas:
- Political Economy
- Transition Economics
- Energy Economics
- Regulatory Economics
- Informal Economies
- Introduction to Economics
- The Economic Environment of Business
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Postgraduate level:
- Economic Policy
- Economics for Financial Markets