Leading Research Groups
What does the programme cover?
- Ways to meet the challenges of leading research teams
- How to develop a leadership style that works for you and the people you manage
- Understand how personality differences affect the success of your team
- Practical skills including:
- Decision making
- Effective communication including how to give feedback
- Managing to avoid stress and conflict
- Holding effective and engaging meetings
- Diagnosing what kind of leadership people need
What will I get out of this course?
- Confidence in your ability to manage people
- Practical strategies to get the best from your research team
- An opportunity to reflect on your own and others’ experiences of being led and managed
- Insight into your own leadership style
- A supportive network of colleagues facing similar challenges
Who is it for?
This programme is suitable for you, if:
- You are leading your own research team
- You want to further develop approaches for successfully managing people
- You feel you would benefit from time to reflect on your practice in this are
Participant preparation needed?
There will be short exercises to complete between sessions
What prior experience do I need?
Participants need to be currently leading their own research team.
Length of course
Over a three month period there will be:
- Four one-day workshops
- Four small group seminars of 1.5 hours
- A comprehensive course manual for reading and reflection