Stress Awareness for Managers
Never before has awareness of workplace stress been so prominent , and never before has it been so important that managers understand how to identify and manage stress.
What will I get out of this course?
The workshop will:
- Raise awareness of the responsibilities that exist in relation to workplace stress based around Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommendations and best practice
- Give managers tips and techniques to allow them to deal with stress within a team environment (within the context of the University and its policies/procedures)
Topics covered include:
- What is stress?
- The legal context - HSE requirements, duty of care, HASAW Act, etc.
- Identifying potential causes of stress and recognising signs of stress and pressure in others (and themselves)
- How managers can minimise stress within their Service Area, School or Faculty
- Awareness of the benefits to the University of managing stress effectively.
Who is it for?
Managers who would like to know more about how to identify and deal with stress in the workplace.
Participant preparation needed?
There may be a questionnaire for advance completion.
Length of course
1/2 a day