Servicing University Committees
These workshops will help you understand the various processes and procedures that you may need in your role as secretary and ensure that you comply with current university guidelines and conventions. The sessions will ensure that you fulfil your secretarial role in a pro-active, effective and efficient manner.
What will I get out of this course?
You will gain skills that help you to:
- manage the agenda preparation process more effectively
- gain an understanding of the structure of minutes produced for central University committees
- identify and practise elements of effective listening and minute writing
Topics covered include:
- Preparing for and conducting a pre-agenda meeting
- Producing an agenda in committee house-style
- Producing Chair’s briefing notes
- The definition of minutes
- Basic minute writing principles
- How to help make your task easier
- The role of the secretary
- Practical minute writing exercises
Who is it for?
Meetings secretaries or anyone otherwise involved in university committees.
Length of course: