This half day media skills course is delivered by two experienced journalists and is customised for Coventry University Academic staff. The session builds confidence and expertise in handling a variety of interview styles - with both print and broadcast journalists. A highly interactive workshop with relevant on air examples prepares delegates for two radio interview simulations focussed on their chosen area of research.
What will I get out of this course?
You will gain skills that help you to:
- make your research newsworthy;
- connect with the audience on air;
- make sense without dumbing down;
- look and sound your best.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of news values
- How to give research impact
- Techniques to make your subject accessible
- Voice training and camera techniques
- The broadcast conventions
- The ‘On Air’ checklist
- Relaxation and focussing techniques
Who is it for?
University Academic Staff or managers whose role implies that they will be working with broadcasting and the media.
Participant preparation needed?
A questionnaire will be sent out to you in advance of the programme.
This programme is run by request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring ext 8115 to find out more
What prior experience do I need?
No prior experience is required.
Length of course