Managing Successful Projects
This course is designed to equip participants with the skills required to deliver desired project outcomes to time and on budget. The tools acquired can then be applied immediately back at work.
What will I get out of this course?
You will gain skills that help you to:
- use practical tools and techniques to identify and understand the essential project objectives and outcomes, the role and expectations of key stakeholders, significant project influences, timescales and available resources;
- construct an effective and usable project plan identifying the major tasks, key interdependencies, project milestones, the critical path and how to build in contingency;
- identify the skills required in the project, recruit and structure the project team and understand the role of the project manager in managing the team, the interfaces and the project itself;
- cost, estimate and budget with precision to guarantee effective use of resources and how to monitor, forecast and report on the budget throughout the project;
- use practical and straightforward review techniques throughout the project to understand what has be done to keep the project going and improve performance;
- terminate the project and handover power/ responsibility.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding and scoping project requirements;
- Project planning;
- Project structure and the role of the project manager;
- Managing the costs and budget;
- Review and evaluation;
- Closing the project.
Who is it for?
Anyone who manages projects as part of their role, or those who are about to become involved in the management or implementation of a project.
Length of course: