Facilitation: Effective Facilitation Skills
This course provides you with practical facilitation tools that will enable you to deliver high quality outcomes quickly and efficiently.
The acquisition of facilitation skills will help you in two key areas:
- Planning and running one off events where the outcomes required are of paramount importance such as business planning, idea generation and problem resolution.
- Ensuring that the regular meetings you run and attend deliver the outcomes you need and are an effective use of everyone’s time.
What will I get out of this course?
You will gain skills that help you to:
- use a practical set of preparation tools to clarify the purposes of an event and the outcomes it needs to generate and how to apply these to scope, understand and evaluate the task to be resolved
- apply design techniques that generate high performance outcomes
- use key facilitation techniques to include: gaining participants’ commitment to the aims of the event; guiding the process; using key tools and techniques to ‘open up’ and ‘close down’ and the management of difficult or non contributing participants through the use of skilfull interventions
- generate and follow-up on actionable plans that deliver high quality outcomes
Topics covered include:
- Preparation tools
- Event design
- Facilitating the event
- Delivering effective outcomes and follow-up
Who is it for?
This is a key management skill. It is also a significant skill for project managers and those who are responsible for organising and running one off events and away day.
Participant preparation needed?
Some questionnaires may be sent out to you in advance of the programme.
Length of course: