Delivering Effective Presentations
This course will show you how to deliver professional presentations whether your audience is 4 or 400. You will be coached through different stages of the process – from planning to delivery in an informal and supportive environment.
What will I get out of this course?
You will gain skills that help you to:
- set clear objectives and the importance of thorough planning in overcoming nerves and delivering an impact presentation;
- use an effective introduction to gain an audience’s interest, structure the talk into clearly defined chunks, use persuasive language and close the presentation;
- select and use appropriate visual aids to support the delivery of objectives;
- stand and gesture to look confident and credible, use eye contact and vocal skills and pause to add emphasis;
- ·handle questions concisely and accurately.
Topics covered include:
- Planning and preparation;
- Structuring the talk;
- Visual aids;
- Using non-verbal communication;
- Handling question and answer sessions.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are new to presenting or who have limited experience.
Length of course:
1 & ½ Days