This workshop will enable participants to develop an understanding of the coaching process and the essential techniques needed to effectively coach and develop individuals in a variety of work based situations.
What will I get out of this course?
You will gain skills that help you to:
- understand what is meant by coaching, its function and boundaries and how it differs from mentoring, training and managing;
- identify and communicate the key purposes and outcomes that are required;
- understand the phases of coaching and how to move effectively from one stage to the next;
- identify the right coaching opportunities, participants and timing;
- use input and output coaching techniques, utilise effective listening skills, handle difficult situations and give appropriate feedback.
Topics covered include:
- The role of the coach
- The purposes and outcomes of coaching
- The coaching lifecycle
- Coaching situations
- Coaching techniques
Who is it for?
Managers, supervisors and team leaders who are responsible for the development and performance of others.
Participant preparation needed?
Some questionnaires may be sent out to you in advance of the programme.
Length of course: