Jobs at Coventry University
Coventry University is a stimulating, diverse and enthusiastic organisation that is committed to delivering the very best experience for our students and staff alike. That's where you come in: if you would like to achieve the personal satisfaction of making a real difference to people's lives through your own individual contribution then we'd like to hear from you.
We employ approximately 4,000 staff in a variety of roles across the campus. As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including pension schemes, generous holiday allowances, flexible working, a childcare vouchers scheme, great training, personal and professional development and discounted membership to the University's bespoke £4m sport and recreation centre.
In addition we have a number of lifestyle benefits, such as our cycle to work scheme, CU living and our CU car share scheme, all designed to support your career, wellbeing and the environment. The University is also primarily based in the centre of Coventry, allowing great access to the road and rail networks.
Coventry is a historic city dating back to Saxon and Roman settlements as well as developing significantly during medieval times, and has a proud history in weaving, watchmaking, cycle manufacture and the automotive and engineering industries.
Following devastating bombing during World War II, the city became a symbol of hope and regeneration and was the first city to ‘twin’ with another city in the world: the city is now twinned with 27 other towns and cities internationally.
This also paved the way for the city to become a centre for peace and reconciliation and at its heart is the modern Cathedral designed by Sir Basil Spence, right next to the University campus.
Coventry also plays its part on the national and international stage; We hosted international football matches at the Ricoh Arena as part of the 2012 Olympic games, while artists and performers created an incredible 6 metre cycle-powered Lady Godiva puppet which travelled to London to take part in the opening ceremony.
The city also has a diverse range of activities to enjoy, including major concerts, ice hockey and football matches and theatre productions, in addittion to some interesting local attractions.
Conveniently situated in the centre of Coventry, the University enjoys excellent public transport links and close proximity to major road networks – London is just over one hour by train and the city is easily connected to the surrounding countryside of Warwickshire. Easy commuting to Coventry means that you will have a wide choice of areas to consider living if you need to relocate to join our team - there is the city itself with many multicultural suburbs, thriving towns and villages located in beautiful nearby countryside.
Coventry University has achieved the following awards in recent years:
- Named UK's highest ranking New University (Guardian University Guide 2019).
- Coventry University is ranked 13th in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- We are in the top 6 universities for student experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- We are 1st for overseas student experiences (based on the number of student trips abroad - HESA 2016/17)
- 87% overall positive student satisfaction at Coventry University compared to 84% UK average (National Student Survey 2017)
- 88% of students are satisfied with the teaching on their course (NSS 2017)
- Top 200 in the world in the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings (2017)
- 95% of our graduates are employed or in further study (DLHE Survey 2014/15)