Eligibility to work in the UK

Applicants who are nationals of countries outside the EEA who do not have existing permission to work in the UK, need to get permission from the UK Home Office. If you are successful in the selection process the University will apply for a certificate of sponsorship that enables you to seek permission from the Home Office to take up our offer of employment.

The UK Government has announced changes to the application process for certificates of sponsorship. For some vacancies requiring specific skills we may be able to obtain a certificate of sponsorship for a suitably qualified applicant, however for most other vacancies it is unlikely that applications for certificates of sponsorship will be successful.

We encourage you to apply for posts at Coventry University, but nationals of countries outside the EEA need to be mindful that even if you are selected, ultimately it may not be possible to appoint you.

If you are selected for the position, the University will keep you informed of the progress in obtaining a certificate of sponsorship.

If you have any queries regarding your entitlement to apply for one of our vacancies, please email: futures.hr@coventry.ac.uk.

The UK Border Agency provides further information and guidance about working in the UK.

Eligibility to Work in the UK

All candidates invited to interview are required to provide evidence of their entitlement to work in the UK.

These documents can be produced anytime prior to, or on the day of interview. We are located at:

People Team (Portal House)
2nd Floor Reception
163 New Union Street, CV1 2NT

 Queen’s Award for Enterprise Logo
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020