Who are we
The Information Governance Unit are a key data protection and information governance support function for the University.
What we do
- Manage and respond to individuals exercising their rights under the UK GDPR.
- Respond to requests from third parties for the disclosure of personal data.
- Provide support with completing Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Provide support with drafting and reviewing privacy notices, consent forms and data policies, standards and procedures.
- Manage and respond to Freedom of Information Requests.
- Provide data protection advice to support employees and students.
- Help investigate personal data breaches.
Disclosures of personal data to third parties Eg. police / council tax enquiries
Office of Information Security
Who We Are?
The Office of Information Security (OIS) provides an information security oversight function to the University, and delivers support and advice to University staff, management teams, and projects on associated information security matters. They also lead and own the information security risk management strategy.
What We Do
Based within IT Services, this service-focussed team leads on information security risk assessment, strategy, and provides assistance to the University Group and its subsidiaries on all information security matters.
The team delivers information security assessments, training and awareness, and provides security advice and guidance to projects, and business change activities. They lead on the security assessment of internal and external arrangements with third-parties, and undertake security related incident management, and reviews.
If you have suffered loss or theft, or been the victim of an attack such as Phishing, Spear Phishing, or computer infection, contact the IT Service Desk 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week on:
IT Service Desk
For less urgent IT enquires, the IT Service Desk can be contacted through:
For general information security questions, or if you need security advice within a project, or any business activity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org