Information Governance Unit (IGU)
Who are we?
The Information Governance Unit are a key data protection and information governance support function for the University.
What we do?
- Manage and respond to individuals exercising their rights under the UK GDPR.
- Respond to requests from third parties for the disclosure of personal data.
- Provide support with completing Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Provide support with drafting and reviewing privacy notices, consent forms and data policies, standards and procedures.
- Manage and respond to Freedom of Information Requests.
- Provide data protection advice to support employees and students.
- Help investigate personal data breaches.
Disclosures of personal data to third parties Eg. police / council tax enquiries
Office of Information Security (OIS)
Who They Are?
A team called The Office of Information Security (OIS) provides information security services and oversight to the University Group.
What They Do?
Based within IT Services, the OIS team leads on information security matters and strategy, and they deliver support to the University Group’s stakeholders.
The team undertakes information security risk assessments, training and awareness, and offers security advice and guidance to projects, and business change activities.
OIS reviews and security assesses the internal and external arrangements with third parties, and they facilitate security related incident management, whilst supporting IT’s responses to Data Subject Access and Freedom of Information Requests.
If you have suffered loss or theft, or been the victim of an attack such as Phishing, Spear Phishing, or computer infection, contact the IT Service Desk 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week on:
IT Service Desk
For less urgent IT enquires, the IT Service Desk can be contacted through:
For general information security questions, or if you need security advice within a project, or any business activity, contact email@example.com