Fair Processing Notices and ICO registration numbers
Coventry University Group processes personal data relating to students, prospective students, staff, job applicants as well as suppliers and other third parties. The personal data which we process includes both ‘ordinary data’ and ‘special category data’ such as information relating to health.
Our fair processing notices (also sometimes referred to as privacy notice) explain exactly what Coventry University Group will do with your data and your rights in relation to that processing.
View copies of the following fair processing notices:
- Fair Processing Notice for Students
- Fair Processing Notice for Prospective Students and Applicants
- Fair Processing Notice for Employees, Workers and Consultants
- Fair Processing Notice for Job Applicants
- Fair Processing Notice of the Alumni Team
View the Data Collection Statement and Privacy Notice for REF2021:
Coventry University Group will only process personal data in accordance with its issued fair processing and privacy notices. In practice most of the day to day processed of personal data will relate to information about students and employees. Generally speaking we use this information to administer your course or your employment (as the case may be).
What to do if you are processing personal data
Generally speaking you need to ensure that the processing you are carrying out falls within one of our issued privacy notices and that the individual has been given a copy of that notice. Privacy notices will be issued on a central basis to students; prospective students and applicants; employees, workers and consultants; and graduates. However, where you are engaging in research or handling personal data in any other way you will need to ensure that a relevant fair processing notice has been issued to the individual and that this covers what you intend to do with their personal information.
If a fair processing notice or privacy notice is not already available which covers the way in which you intend to use personal data then you should liaise with the Information Governance Unit who can help you compile one.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
Sharing personal data with third parties is sometimes necessary. Who we may share personal data with and why is set out in the relevant fair processing notice.
Generally speaking staff and students should not share anyone else’s personal data with third parties (unless in accordance with a fair processing notice which has been issued to the individual). Personal data relating to any individual should not, without express authorisation, be issued to any person’s family, friends or relatives. Please see the separate guide on disclosure of staff and student data.
ICO registration numbers
Coventry University Group ICO registration numbers are listed below. You can also search the ICO’s data protection public register.
- Coventry University - Z6939585
- Coventry University Enterprises Limited - Z5451039
- The Futurelets Limited - ZA118788
- PeoplesFuture Limited - ZA333567
- CU Services Limited - ZA027495
- Coventry University London Campus Limited - Z2997562
- Coventry University College Limited - ZA027479
- Serious Games International Limited - ZA027493
- CU Management Services Limited - ZA125935
- Coventry University Online Limited - ZA439024