Funding and Finance

CU London is committed to high quality, cost-effective learning opportunities. We are also committed to keeping our pricing structure simple, transparent and easy to understand.


You will be able to find all of our course fees on the relevant course pages.


Students who study a Foundation Year, HNC, HND or Degree will be eligible to apply for a student loan to cover the cost of their tuition fees. This loan will be available to students looking to study on either our full-time or part-time study modes.

Frequently Asked Questions

My funding has not been confirmed?

If you've applied for student finance but not yet received your confirmation, you can still enrol on your course. However, we will expect you to arrange payment by another method while you wait for confirmation to arrive. We will refund any payments that you have made after your student finance has paid its contributions.

I am a UK full-time student – what are my options?

As a full-time student resident in the UK, you can apply for a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees. You can also apply for a loan to cover your living costs. Certain full-time students also qualify for living cost grants; these are awarded on the basis of household income. Full-time students can apply for tuition fee loans online

I am an EU full-time student, can I get student funding?

If you're a full-time student who is an EU national and normally resident in the EU, you can apply for a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees. You cannot apply for maintenance loans and grants.

Where can I find out more about student loans?

For full information on the types of loans that are available, how much you can get and how you'll be expected to repay more information can be found on:

How and when do I repay the loan?

Full-time and part-time students who start their course after 1 September 2012 begin paying back their student loan once earnings exceed the repayment threshold, which is currently set at £25,000 year. If your income falls below £25,000 a year, your repayments stop. If you're a part-time student earning more than £25,000 a year you start repaying your loan in the April four years after starting your course. This applies even if you're still studying. Students can pay back all or some of their loan at any time without incurring an early repayment charge. 

I am studying part-time – can I get student funding?

Please talk to us first before you apply for your loan. We will need to discuss which modules you'll be studying and what the full-time weighting of these modules will be. At CU London each module is classed as 25% weighting of a full-time programme, so you can easily calculate your full tuition fee loan once you have finalised which modules you are going to enrol on. This is applicable to all of our courses. 

Coventry University ranked 15 in the UK
Coventry University awarded TEF GOLD Teaching Excellence Framework
University of the year for student experience
QS Five Star Rating 2019
Coventry City of Culture 2021