Foundation year qualifications offer an introductory route into your chosen degree subject as well as the opportunity to gain the higher education skills required for degree level study.
You can apply for a foundation year if you have:
- Studied for level 3 qualifications, such as A levels or a BTEC National Diploma and Certificate qualifications, but may not have achieved the grades necessary to enter the university course of your choice.
- Studied for a level 3 qualification but have decided to change subject area.
A foundation year course is made up of four six-week learning blocks (120 credits). It’s an integral part of a four year degree course.
If you successfully pass your foundation year, you will be guaranteed a place on a relevant Honours degree at CU London, subject to meeting any specific entrance criteria.
2021/22 courses - Dagenham campus
Start a course between November 2021 and July 2022.
2021/22 courses - Greenwich campus
Start a course between November 2021 and June 2022.
2022/23 courses - Dagenham campus
Start a course between November 2022 and July 2023.
2022/23 courses - Greenwich campus
Start a course between November 2022 and June 2023.
To be eligible for a foundation year course, students must be aged 18 and over.
We also typically require:
- 40 UCAS Tariff points
- 5 GCSEs at A-C including Maths and English
- At least one A2 level or a BTEC equivalent qualification
At CU London, we offer multiple intakes throughout the academic year. This means you are able to start your course when it’s most appropriate for you. Typically, Foundation Year courses are available to start in:
Students are able to apply for tuition fee and maintenance loans via Student Finance England.
Please note: Student Finance England do not fund one year stand-alone courses. Therefore if you wish to continue onto a degree course outside of the Coventry University Group you may be liable for the tuition fees for this course.
The Coventry University Group consists of:
- CU London (Dagenham and Greenwich campuses)
- CU Scarborough
- Coventry University
- Coventry University London
- CU Coventry