Raising a concern or making a complaint
The University recognises that there might be times when apprentices or their employers wish to raise concerns about the services that we provide. We value all feedback, good or bad, and aim to learn from any negative comment to help us improve the service that we offer.
How do I complain?
Complaints related to Coventry University apprenticeships will be managed through the Complaints Procedure.
The Complaints Procedure is a mechanism to raise any concerns. In all cases, we encourage any complainant to informally address any concerns as soon as possible after the problem arises, either with the person directly, or with a member of staff in the Apprenticeship Team. To raise concerns informally with the Apprenticeship Team please email: email@example.com.
To raise a formal complaint, please complete the relevant complaint form.
Complaints made to the ESFA
The ESFA brings together the former responsibilities of the Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Skills Funding Agency (SFA) to create a single agency accountable for funding education and skills for children, young people and adults.
Before making a complaint to the ESFA, the complainant should have exhausted the Coventry University complaints procedure, including any appeals process.
Complaints should be email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or put in writing to:
Customer Service Team
Education and Skills Funding Agency
When contacting the ESFA, the following will need to be provided:
- The name of the training provider that the complaint is about.
- Details of the complaint, together with the relevant documents.
- Evidence that the training providers complaints procedure has been exhausted, including any appeals process (for example, written correspondence confirming the outcome).
- Permission to disclose details of the complaint to the organisation concerned.
- If complaining on behalf of a learner, evidence that they have given their permission to do so.