Tier 4 Student Visa | CU Coventry

Campus Map

Working with Coventry University

Working with CU Coventry

CU Coventry is a diverse and exciting place to work and we share the enthusiasm of our staff and students to be the best at whatever they choose to do. We offer some impressive benefits for our staff and are committed to delivering the very best opportunities. We also have a comprehensive training, personal and professional development programme that provides our employees with the skills to enhance their performance in the workplace and grow in their careers. For both students and staff alike, now is an exciting time to join CU Coventry.

Search for current job vacancies.

Recruitment Information


Staff portal

Access the central point of information for all staff across the University.


Staff/Student Portal

Log into Moodle to get CU Coventry staff/student information.


Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK once you have received your Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS) letter. You will need to enter the CAS number on your visa application and must apply for your visa no more than 6 months after you receive the CAS.

How long will it take?
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the start of your course and you should get a decision on your visa within 3-4 weeks. You can check how long getting a visa might take in your country on the Gov.uk website.

It costs £328 to apply for this visa from outside the UK. You must pay £328 per person for any dependants.

You’ll also have to pay the immigration healthcare surcharge as part of your application. You can check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply on the immigration health surcharge section of Gov.uk website.

How long can you stay?
You can arrive in the UK before your course starts:

  • up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less (and is not a Pre-Sessional English course)
  • up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months (or you are on a Pre-Sessional English course)

How long you can stay depends on the kind of course you’re doing and what study you’ve already completed.

Documents you must provide

When you apply for your visa you must provide:

You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances. Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days.