Frequently Asked Questions - International


I am an International Student. How do I apply for a course?

You can find a full list of courses available on our website

Instructions on how to apply can be found on our website in the how to apply section.

Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and provide all the required documents with your application. 

How long will it take for a decision on my application to be made?

The University will endeavour to get back to applicants within two days of their original application. All applicants will receive an email informing them of the outcome. However, if not all information is provided with your application, you may be asked to provide further details before a decision can be made.

Can I come and visit the campus before I make my application?

We welcome all prospective students to the campus.

Prospective students are welcome to attend our open days when you will get the opportunity to look around the campus, meet with academic staff and current students.

If you are unable to attend an open day, you can make an appointment to visit our campus and meet with a recruitment advisor.  If you would like to arrange an appointment, please contact the student recruitment team before your visit on

Are there any scholarships available for International Students?

There are a number of scholarships available at the London Campus. Please see our International scholarship page for more detailed information.

How can I pay my fees?

Students are able to pay their fees before they have started their course of study and during enrolment week. You can pay in a variety of ways including bankers draft, bank transfer or credit card payments. Credit card payments can be made over the phone or in person.

Please have a look at the fees and finance page on our website for further information.


Do I need a Tier 4 student visa to come and study in the UK?

If you are from outside the European Union and do not have official leave to remain in the UK you will need a Tier 4 Visa to undertake any course at Coventry University London Campus.    

Do I need to take an English Test as part of my Tier 4 visa application?

All information regarding English tests for Tier 4 visa applications can be found on the UK government’s website. Please check this information carefully to see if you are required to take an English test prior to applying for your Tier 4 visa.

What is a CAS number and how do I get one?

A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number or CAS is a unique identification number issued to the university by the UKVI. This number confirms that the university has been given permission to ‘sponsor’ your Tier 4 application. If you apply for your Tier 4 visa using a Coventry University CAS, your Tier 4 visa will only be valid for study at Coventry University.  You will receive this number by email from the International Office.

Please note that a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number can only be provided once the following conditions have been met:

1)       You have received an unconditional offer from the University in writing.

2)       You have paid a 33% deposit towards your fees to the University.

How do I apply for a Tier 4 student visa?

Please note that you can only apply for a Tier 4 student visa once you have made an application and received an unconditional offer in writing from the University. Once you have received your unconditional offer you will need to pay a deposit of 33% of your total fees to the University. A Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number (see above) will then be issued to you and you should be able to apply for your visa.

For detailed instructions on how to apply for a Tier 4 visa then please follow the instructions on the UK government’s website.

I have made an application for study and need some advice applying for a Tier 4 Student Visa?  

 In the Coventry University International Office we have a trained and dedicated welfare team who are able to advise you on visa and CAS related matters. Please make sure that you quote your application number in all correspondence.

You can contact them at

Alternatively, you can access relevant and useful advice on the following websites:  


 Tier 4 visa instructions

Accommodation and Finance  

Can the University help me find a place to live in London?

Please be aware that student housing in London is popular and it is advisable to apply for accommodation early. The Coventry University London campus can help you find accommodation for your studies in London. We can put you in touch with housing providers and other students looking for accommodation.  If you are having trouble finding accommodation and need some help, please email You can also find a list of housing providers on the accommodation page of our website. 

For further help and guidance on accommodation, please see the UK CISA accommodation information pages.

What is the cost of living in London? 

The cost of living in London can be high.  We recommend that students plan their finances carefully before they start their courses in London. 

The University has a cost of living guide, which will give you an idea of prices to expect when you arrive in London. 

Student Services and Student Life

When will I be able to see my timetable?

Timetables will be issued at the start of each term.  All students will be given access to timetables during their enrolment week at University. Please note that the University does not give timetables out prior to enrolment week. 

Are there other international students at Coventry University London Campus?

At Coventry University London campus we have a large international student community. We have students from around 120 different nationalities attending full time and part time courses at the campus.  

What welfare and support is available for international students?

We understand that studying abroad can sometimes be difficult and lonely. The student services department offers a range of personal support for all students studying at the London Campus. For further information on the help available please see our website.   

What type of academic support does the University offer International Students?

The student services department offers academic advice and support for all students in many aspects of their studies.

The library and Learning Skills Department run a wide variety of workshops to help you improve your academic and English language skills. These courses are free of charge and take place outside teaching hours. Classes include citation and referencing, academic English, delivering presentations and IT skills. For more information on all the workshops available please contact  

What Social Activities do you organise for international students?   

The University organises a number of social activities for international students. At the start of your studies you will be invited to attend a welcome week in which a number of activities will be arranged for you. A number of excursions and trips are scheduled to take place throughout the term. Please note your tuition fees will not cover the cost of these trips.  

Useful Websites;

The Queen's Award for Enterprise
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2023