International Pathways Programme
Our high-quality foundation, international year one and pre-masters courses are for international students who do not meet the requirements for direct entry to their preferred Coventry University London undergraduate or postgraduate course. We can support you to achieve the academic and/or English grades you need and help you gain the personal and professional skills required to study at university.
Please visit our regulations for International Pathways if you would like further information regarding framework, admission, enrolment, registration and degree progression.
Why Coventry University London?
- We are a truly global university – over 11,000 students have travelled from all over the world to study with us here at Coventry University London, and we have welcomed students from over 80 different countries.
- We are ranked Top 30 in the world for international students (QS World University Rankings 2022).
- With multiple intakes each year, you’ll have the opportunity to progress onto your degree without a gap in your studies after successful completion of a preparation programme.
- Successfully completing one of these courses will guarantee progression onto a relevant degree at Coventry University or Coventry University London, subject to meeting the specified entry criteria.
- Our Student Support team can help you settle in quickly and assist with various issues such as visas and immigration, finance, welfare, trips and social events, working in the UK and general queries.
International Foundation Year
The International Foundation Year is a one-year programme for students who have completed senior secondary education, but don’t yet meet the requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree with Coventry University or Coventry University London.
You will have the opportunity to progress to your chosen undergraduate degree by studying one of the following academic pathways on your International Foundation Year, all designed to prepare you for your future undergraduate degree course.
International Year One
The International Year One is designed for students with an IELTS score of 5.5 or above who do not quite have the academic grades and/or English level to start the first year of an undergraduate degree with Coventry University or Coventry University London, but have a stronger profile than an International Foundation Year student. Successfully completing the International Year One will enable you to progress directly on to the second year of your chosen progression degree.
The International Pre-Master’s programme enables you to improve your English while learning the study skills and research methods needed during master’s degree studies. It consists of six modules, each taught over a six-week period. Depending on your current academic and/or English level, you may have the opportunity to join the course at the second or third module, subject to your English language IELTs score and meeting the minimum requirements.
International Pathways scholarship
£3000 scholarship available for new foundation study routes that offer you a pathway progression onto your chosen Coventry University London degree.
Support your learning and get career ready! Apply now for May or September 2022 intake.Check your eligibility