Higher Technical Qualifications
Developed in collaboration with employers and approved by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education, a Higher Technical Qualification (HTQ) from CU Group might help you succeed in your career.
What are HTQs?
Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs) are level 4 or 5 qualifications that have been quality marked by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE) to indicate their alignment to employer-led occupational standards and to ensure they are prestigious and meet employer needs.
Learn more about what Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs) are on the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE) website.
View an introduction to the Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs) on the GOV.UK website.
Start a course between September 2023 and July 2024.
Start a course between September 2024 and July 2025.
Upcoming 2024 HTQ courses
From September 2024 the following Higher Technical Qualification (HTQ) will be available:
- Early Childhood Education and Care (Leadership and Management) HTQ
Who are HTQs suitable for?
HTQs are suitable for individuals looking to gain practical, skills-based training and education. They are particularly suitable for:
- those looking to start a technical career, but don't want a traditional academic route.
- adults looking to change careers or upskill in a specific technical area.
- individuals who have completed vocational qualifications but want to upgrade their skills and knowledge.
- employees looking to boost their career within their industry or switch to a technical field.
- apprentices looking to gain further qualifications in their chosen trade or field.
Whether you are looking to learn or upskill in a specific technical area, HTQs might be the perfect educational path for you.
HTQs provide you with training from Level 4 (equivalent to a Higher National Certificate).
The course is designed to be relevant to the needs of employers. It is developed in collaboration with employers and delivered by industry experts.
HTQs might be suitable for you for the following reasons:
- Quality assurance: the UK government recognises HTQs and considers them to impart high-quality knowledge, and practical education and training.
- Recognition: employers and organisations consider them to be a valuable addition.
- Career Advancement: they might open up career advancement or new opportunities.
- Structured: they follow a structured timetable.
- Skill-based: they could be useful if you are looking to learn a trade or improve your skills.
Quality marked by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
CU Group is one of the first providers to be offering HTQs across the UK within Construction, Digital and Health sectors.
How to apply
If you’re interested in our full-time course your application must be submitted via UCAS.
Once you’ve registered you can start the application process. You'll need the following:
- Our unique institution code: C85
- Campus code: 6
- The code for your preferred course
For further details on how to apply, please visit our how to apply page.
We offer multiple intakes to make higher education more accessible to everyone. Courses can be started at the beginning of any block. We typically offer intakes during:
For more specific dates please view the academic calendar.
Register your interest