Students wishing to raise a complaint

We aim to ensure that our teaching and support services provide positive experiences and opportunities for everyone at CU Scarborough. This page serves as a dedicated space for you to voice your thoughts as a student on any aspect of our learning environment.

In all cases, we encourage you to informally address any concerns as soon as possible after the problem arises either with the person directly or with a member of staff in the relevant school or service area.

Informal resolution through conciliation

Where it may be more appropriate, the university offers a Conciliation Scheme, allowing you to informally resolve complaints with a conciliator. A conciliator is a neutral third party who helps parties in dispute reach a mutually agreeable settlement.

What other support is available?

We understand that raising a complaint can be challenging. We encourage you to reach out to Your Students’ Union (Your SU) at any stage of the complaint process to feel supported. Your SU can assist you in finding the right words to articulate your case clearly, explain the complaint process and provide support during any meetings related to your formal complaint.

You may also wish to contact our Health and Wellbeing team if the issues have made you feel anxious or stressed. The team can be contacted at

Before making an official complaint, please read our student guide to making complaints.

Please note

If your complaint relates to another student’s behaviour or conduct, this will be dealt with via our student disciplinary regulations. Read more information on expectations of behaviour.

In order to handle your complaint we will need to process your data. Please read the relevant Coventry University Group Privacy Notices.

Complaints form

Privacy notice
The Queen's Award for Enterprise logo
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2023