Joe Shami is main area of expertise is in sales and marketing across multiple industries. He started his career in travel, working for major tour operators. He later obtained master's degrees in Marketing, Information Systems and a MBA. As a management consultant, he worked with Royal Bank of Scotland on projects for their SME customers. Since 2002, he has run his own consultancy advising businesses from startups to Cisco.
He is a Senior Lecture at Coventry University London Campus in marketing and strategy at UG and PG level. He also helps marketers gain professional qualifications through the Chartered Institute of Marketing. Throughout his career, he has introduced innovative ideas and technologies to sales, marketing and strategic courses.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in HE (PgCAPHE) – Coventry University 2016
- Scrum Fundamentals Certified – Scrumstudy 2020
- Agile Project Management Practitioner - APMG International 2019
- MBA – Kingston Business School (CRM as a Conceptual Framework) 2003
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing – Chartered Institute of Marketing 1998
- MSc Information Systems – University of East Anglia (Multimedia on the Internet) 1996
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Member of Magistrate Association
Research and Consultancy
- Strategic marketing & business advice, implementation and training courses to SME companies.
- Engaged as a consultant in the delivery of the “customer first” initiative for Surrey County Council, acting as a change management agent delivering CRM , contact centre solutions and business process and systems integrator.
- Working with Cisco Systems designing and delivery strategic marketing and marketing communications programmes for marketing staff for offices in Australia, Singapore and Europe.
- Strategic marketing and planning consultancy and training for a variety of global pharmaceutical companies, national entertainment company in the UK.
- Marketing in a Global Age
- Digital Marketing
- Consulting Projects
- Employability and Consulting Skills
- Business Research Project
- Advance Marketing Strategy
- International Marketing Strategy
- International Business Strategy