Dr Bhussun (Sunny) Ramsurrun
After leaving another British University, Sunny joined Coventry University London where he taught on the HRM module. Currently, Sunny is the Module Leader for Human Resource Management and Business and Management Research Methods, which are both core modules for Business and HR students. In addition to teaching on various modules at Coventry University London, Sunny has assisted in developing a number of interesting modules. Alongside this, Sunny has developed the HR software for students to learn new technology skills.
Additionally, Sunny has participated in various activities held within the University. Currently, he is representing the HR department within CIPD East London Branch as an academic committed member and in the past he has contributed to the preliminary session of setting up a research centre at Coventry University London.
- PhD in Quality Management (Business), Centre for Management
- Quality Research RMIT University (Business Faculty RMIT Melbourne Australia)
- MBA, Management Centre, Faculty of Social Science, University of Leicester, UK
- Bachelor’s in business administration Degree (Accounting), Newport University, UK
Professional and Industry Memberships
- CIPD Academic Member
- CIPD East London Branch executive committee member
Research and Consultancy
Sunny's current research interests include improving the global competitiveness of the SME sector through quality management, the retention of the employees, talent management, employee engagement and performance management. He has already published some articles on relevant topics such as leadership, quality management.
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- An Examination of Retention Strategies with the Small Businesses in UK (2021)
- An analysis of Sabah Tourism Attraction motivational Factors in Malaysia Joint publication (2011)
- A Case Study Analysis of Eco-preneurship Within a Manufacturing Firm in Malaysia. Joint Publication (2011)
- The role and impact of transformational leadership styles changes program within the Health and Education sector in Australia RMIT University Publication (2004)
- An Interactive Behaviour of Senior Team Leaders “. RMIT University Conference paper on Leadership at Workplace. RMIT publication (2003)
- The Use of International Business Profile Benchmarking within the SME Sector: A Multiple Case Study (Nov 2006) RMIT publication
- Global Competitiveness within Small and Medium Manufacturing Enterprises in Mauritius (pp 884-890) 7th International Conference on ISO9000 and TQM in Melbourne, Australia (2002)
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management
- HR Simulation
- Business and Management and Decision Making