Dr Bhussun (Sunny) Ramsurrun
Sunny has more than 20 years of teaching experience as well as work in the industry. After leaving another HE institution, Sunny joined Coventry University London as a Senior Lecturer in HRM and specialising in global resourcing and talent management subject areas. Currently, Sunny is a Module Leader of two core modules - Human Resource Management and Business and Management Research Methods modules, delivered to our Postgraduate Business and HRM students. In addition to teaching on various HRM and research modules at Coventry University London, Sunny proactively engaged in developing engaging and contemporary content for his subject area making it interesting and innovative for our students. One of the examples of it is an HR software Sunny developed for students to learn new technology skills to use AI in an HR profession.
Additionally, Sunny contributes in developing and managing CPD activities held within the University. Currently, he represents the School of Management within CIPD East London Branch as an academic committee member. Recently, he has contributed to preliminary sessions of setting up a research centre at Coventry University London. Sunny is also a link tutor for a number of our international partners bring a wealth of experience in managing complex project in TNE.
- PhD in Quality Management (Business), Centre for Management
- Quality Research RMIT University (Business Faculty RMIT Melbourne Australia)
- MBA, Management Centre, Faculty of Social Science, University of Leicester, UK
- Bachelor’s in business administration Degree (Accounting), Newport University, UK
Professional and Industry Memberships
- CIPD Academic Member
- CIPD East London Branch executive committee member
Research and Consultancy
Sunny's current research interests include improving the global competitiveness of the SME sector through quality management, the retention of employees, talent management, employee engagement and performance management. He has already published some articles on relevant topics such as leadership, quality management.
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- An Examination of Retention Strategies with the Small Businesses in UK (2021)
- An analysis of Sabah Tourism Attraction motivational Factors in Malaysia Joint publication (2011)
- A Case Study Analysis of Eco-preneurship Within a Manufacturing Firm in Malaysia. Joint Publication (2011)
- The role and impact of transformational leadership styles changes program within the Health and Education sector in Australia RMIT University Publication (2004)
- An Interactive Behaviour of Senior Team Leaders “. RMIT University Conference paper on Leadership at Workplace. RMIT publication (2003)
- The Use of International Business Profile Benchmarking within the SME Sector: A Multiple Case Study (Nov 2006) RMIT publication
- Global Competitiveness within Small and Medium Manufacturing Enterprises in Mauritius (pp 884-890) 7th International Conference on ISO9000 and TQM in Melbourne, Australia (2002)
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management
- HR Simulation
- Business and Management and Decision Making