Dr Abraham Joseph
Abraham is currently lecturer in the Management and Human Resources department. He leads the international business strategy and the internship project module for third year undergraduate students. He also leads the final term consulting projects module for masters and post graduate students. He is also involved in the teaching and supervision of students in these modules.
Prior to working in the HE sector, Abraham worked for eight years in the IT services industry. He has handled various functions including marketing, sales, account management and business development. His first management role was for an international e-commerce and digital marketing firm, and later on worked within the B2B division of the Dixons Group as an Account Manager for SME’s.
After completing his MBA, he continued his commercial career but took a break to venture into teaching. In the last ten years of teaching in the HE sector, he has taught a variety of subjects in business management but his focus areas are strategic marketing, strategic management, branding and research methods. Abraham’s passion is reflected in his teaching and he has enjoyed the value in being able to influence the lives of others through education. He has had the privilege of working with various private and public institutions, teaching students of various age groups, backgrounds and nationalities.
- Phd in Marketing (completion in 2021), Newcastle University, London
- PgCert in Academic Practice (Higher Education), Coventry University, 2016
- MBA, University of Wales, 2005
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, India, 1998
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Fellow of HEA
Research and Consultancy
- Corporate Rebranding
- Corporate Branding
- Corporate Marketing
- Strategic Change Management
- Organisational Behaviour
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- Joseph, A., Gupta, S., Wang, Y., Schoefer, K (2020), Corporate Rebranding: An Internal Perspective, Journal of Business Research (In-press) DOI: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2020.04.020
Book Chapter (Under Review)
- Chapter on Case Study Methodology for Research Methods book series by Routledge, 2020
- “Corporate Rebranding: An Internal Perspective” NUL PhD Conference 11-12th September 2019, London
- “Corporate Rebranding Strategies: Insights from Higher Education Sector”, 4th International Colloquium on Corporate Branding, Identity, Image and Reputation (COBIIR), 3-4th September 2018, Calabria, Italy.
- “Challenges and Opportunities of Corporate Rebranding: A Research Agenda”, Aston India Centre for Applied Research (AICAR), 31 August-September 1,2018, Aston University, UK
- “Employee participation in the rebranding process and the effects on the corporate brands performance: An empirical investigation”, 3rd International Colloquium on Corporate Branding, Identity, Image and Reputation (COBIIR), 7-8th September 2017, Middlesex University, London
- “An Empirical Investigation into the Effects of Corporate Identity, Employee Engagement and Corporate Rebranding on the Corporate Brand and Customer Satisfaction” Socialising Business Research Conference and Symposium 2017, University of Kent
- International Business Strategy (Level 6)
- Internship (Level 6)
- Consultancy Projects (Level 7)