Dr Joseph Chenchehene
Senior Lecturer in Accounting
Joseph Chenchehene is Lecturer in Accounting at Coventry University London. He has more than four years of teaching experience at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Before entering into teaching in higher education, he was a Practice Manager in charge of Accounts and Audit at Douglas Darko and Co Ltd, a firm of Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors in South London. Dr Joseph is committed to ensuring excellent student experience through effective teaching and the development of quality teaching materials. His teaching philosophy is informed by engagement with his students during his time working in the UK educational system.
Due to his passion for teaching and learning, Dr Joseph’s main aim is to make improvements to students’ lives through knowledge transfer. Currently, he teaches modules in accounting, taxation, finance and supervises both undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education (2021) Coventry University
- PhD in Corporate Governance and Financial Distress (2019) Bournemouth University
- MSc Accounting with Finance (2010) London South Bank University
- MBA in Finance (2007) University of Leicester
- BSc in Business Administration (Accounting) (2000) University of Ghana
Professional and Industry Memberships
- FCCA (Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountant)
- FHEA (Fellow of Higher Education Academy)
- Member, British Accounting and Finance Association
Research and Consultancy
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Failure and Firm Financial Distress
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Accounting
- Audit and Assurance
- Firm Performance
- Fraud Prevention
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- Chenchenehe, J., Mukherjee, S., and Ahinful, G. S. “Corporate governance and financial distress: Evidence from the UK”, working paper.
- Attended and presented a paper at the British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA) 2017 Annual Conference on 10-12 April 2017, at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. Paper title – Corporate governance and financial distress prediction in the UK.
- Chenchehene, J., and Mensah K. (2014). “Corporate survival: Analysis of financial distress and corporate turnaround of the UK retail industry”, International Journal of Liberal Arts and Social Science, Vol. 2 No. 9, page 18-34.
- Chenchehene, J., and Mensah K. (2015). “Dividend policy and its effects on shareholders wealth: Evidence from UK retail industry”, International Journal of Liberal Arts and Social Science, Vol. 3 No. 2, 52-64.
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Professional Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Business Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Principles of Taxation
- Managerial Finance
- Managing People and Systems