Gifty Edwin-Akakpo is an accountant and a lecturer in Accounting and Finance teaching students from various social and cultural backgrounds including international students. The philosophy underlying teaching and learning is based on these principles; teaching is centered on students’ needs; students are well equipped with the knowledge and resources needed for them to attempt their assessments; making teaching fun and engaging for the student.
Main duties at Coventry University London are; delivery of learning, teaching and assessment, including module material on the virtual learning environment and face –to-face delivery; writing and marking of assessments including providing constructive feedback to students on both summative and formative assignments; demonstration of very good practice in teaching, learning and assessment consistent with the University’s aspiration to be a high-quality provider of teaching and learning; ensuring that students have an effective learning experience by providing high quality academic guidance.
- MSc International Accounting and Finance; University of Birmingham (2017 -2018)
- BA Management and Professional Accounting; Coventry University (2016 – 2017)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education; Coventry University (2021)
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) – Affiliate Member 2017
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA) Ghana – Member 2009
- Fellow (FHEA) - 2021
Research and Consultancy
Gifty’s current research interest is in earnings management, focusing on both organisational and economic drivers with emphasis on financial distressed companies. Financial distressed companies have peculiar financial challenges and may engage in earnings management. The study will provide valuable insight for investors, auditors, policymakers, and managers.