Dr Omobola Omolabi
Omobola Omolabi is a Lecturer and Module Leader at the School of Market and Economy, Coventry University London. She is responsible for the design, delivery, and assessment of modules in the Accounting and Finance discipline. She has more than four years of teaching experience at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. She is passionate about and experienced in facilitating transformational education to learners, using innovative teaching method. Her main goal is to use research-led teaching to improve student experience and motivating them to achieve their potential as well as prepare them for their professional development.
Prior to joining, she worked as a part-time lecturer at the Faculty of Business and Law (Accounting and Finance), Coventry University and as a Deputy Finance Director at a Charity Organisation in the East Midlands region.
Currently teaching: Business Accounting, International Business in Emerging Markets, Dissertation.
- PhD Accounting & Finance, Coventry University Coventry, 2020
- MSc Financial Analysis, University of Northampton, 2014
- BA Business and Management, University of Northampton, 2010
- Higher National Diploma in Insurance, Lagos State Polytechnic, Lagos, Nigeria, 2005
Professional and Industry Membership
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (AFHEA) (Number: PR137670).
- Member of Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN).
- Member of British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA).
Research and Consultancy
Research interests in the areas of: Corporate Governance Auditing Transparency of Corporate Disclosure Corporate Finance Corporate Social Responsibility