Head of School
Alid is a qualified Accountant and Trustee of DFAD UK. He brings to his teaching 18 years of experience in Accounting, Corporate Finance, Strategy and business performance, having worked for various organisations in Africa and the UK as Finance Manager, Accountant and Auditor. He also has a wealth of experience delivering training and consultancy in corporate governance, strategy and business finance.
Drawing on his industry experience, Alid has worked in Higher Education for 7 years. As programme leader for the BA International Accounting and Finance and module leader for the MBA financial and tax management modules, Alid applies a highly practical approach to his lecturing, bringing management accounting to life through the use of practical finance simulations. These simulations help students of all abilities to understand how to read a balance sheet and assess the health of a company from a financial perspective.
Alid has a keen interest in Governance, International tax issues, Finance for entrepreneurs, financial skills for business managers and enterprise as a tool for social development. He acts as a Trustee and Enterprise Director for the NGO DFAD UK and Advises on Tax issues and governance for a number of NGOs and finance organisations in the UK, Zambia and Mauritius.
- MSc in Accounting (Specialising in Corporate Governance)
- ACCA – Qualified
- PgD in Strategic Business IT
- PgCert in HE Professional Practice
Professional and Industry Memberships
- SFHEA - Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Principles of Taxation
- Business, Strategy and Finance
- International Financial Reporting
- Audit and Internal Control
- Performance management
- Managerial Finance
- Understanding Financial Accounting and Reporting